'Playing with K' Book
Oops, this product is temporarily unavailable. Please contact us for an update if our expected date is not displayed below...
- Part Number Code: SKU005306
- Availability: Out Of Stock
This diverse and practical resource presents activities, games and ideas to support children who have speech sound difficulties between the age of 3 to 7 (older if used with children with a learning difficulty), eg developmental delay, disordered speech sounds, developmental apraxia of speech.
The book is divided into seven sections:
- Mouth exercises (oro motor exercises)
- Single sounds (k)
- Short words -consonant + vowel, e.g., car, key, cow
- Longer words that begin with the speech sound k – consonant + vowel + consonant, eg., comb, can, cap
- Longer words that end with k, eg., book, bike, duck
- Words with more than one syllable that begin with k, eg., cooker, coffee, camel, caterpillar
- Using words in sentences.
Each section provides the opportunity for the child to hear the speech sound in isolation and in words before they try to say it (ie receptive and expressive activities).
- Different activities to practise listening and saying the target sound/word
- Drilling games – i.e. the opportunity to hear the speech sound in isolation and in words and to say them in increasingly challenging sequences in a game format
- Games that can be played with the picture cards of the words the child is working on
- An auditory bombardment section composed of funny rhymes containing the words the child has been working on in the section.
The resource contains simple, accessible information on the development of speech sounds and specific information about the speech sound k. Examples of session plans using the resource are included in the book to help users plan work.
This is a VAT Exempt Product