'Playing with S' Book
Oops, this product is temporarily unavailable. Please contact us for an update if our expected date is not displayed below...
- Part Number Code: SKU005305
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Was £16.99
Now £8.99 Incl. VAT
Playing with S is a resource book for Nursery Practitioners, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Carers, Speech and language Therapists and Speech and Language Therapy Assistants to use in order to help children to say S in their talking. It contains activities, games and ideas to use with children aged from 3 - 7 years old. It can also be used with older children who have learning difficulties.
Each section contains simple, easy-to-follow instructions and practical tips to help support the child. All the materials can be photocopied and instructions are given to help make resources for activities. There are progress sheets in each section to record progress in a fun way. Sample session plans are also included.
- Is divided into eleven sections which follow the acquisition of speech sounds in typically developing children
- Mouth (oro-motor exercises)
- Single speech sound
- Short words that begin with the speech sound s
- Longer words that begin with the speech sound s
- Words that end with the speech sound
- Words that begin or end with s and have more than one syllable
- Words that have the speech sound s in the middle of the word
- Opportunities to use all the words presented in the resource in phrases and sentences in a variety of activities and games
- Instructions and resources for games, which can be played with words from all the sections in the book to provide extra practice
- Ideas for working on saying s in words and sentences in the nursery, classroom and home
- Session plans containing ideas for using this resource with children.
There are ideas for making the activities more challenging in the sections and tips on how to make the activities easier, so you can tailor what you are doing to suit each individual child.
Age 3-7 Years
302 pp, A4, Wire-0-bound + CD
This is a VAT Exempt Product